Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the most accurate results for a semen analysis?
Below are some recommendations to help you get the best results from your semen analysis:
- Allow 2 to 5 days of abstinence prior to collection unless instructed otherwise by your physician.
- Do not use extra fluids for collection (lubricants, saliva, etc.).
- Collect entire ejaculate into the sample container.
- If you wish to use a condom, we have specially-approved sperm collection condoms that will not alter your results available for purchase at the RSL front desk.
- If you are collecting off-site, please try to maintain your sample container at body temperature before dropping it off. A sample collected in one of the approved condoms should be placed inside a sample container for drop-off.
Semen Analysis patients: Please allow up to 5 business days for us to analyze your results and send them to your referring physician. Your physician will be glad to further discuss your results with you.
IUI patients: You should have two appointments the day of the IUI — one for the sample collection and a second for processed sperm pick-up at RSL. If your partner/spouse will be picking up the specimen, you will need to sign an authorization form to enable them to pick it up for you. Photo identification will be required.
For more information about your testing or procedures at the Reproductive Studies Lab, call 513-865-1680.
How do I discard of gametes and embryos?
For general questions about discarding gametes and embryos, please contact the Reproductive Studies Lab.
How do I pay my Reproductive Studies Lab bill?
For questions about bill pay, please contact the Reproductive Studies Lab.