Using an Egg Donor
We take great care in securing healthy egg donors using best practice medical, genetic, physical and psychological screenings. Each egg donation is handled entirely by our own physicians and carefully monitored and regulated by the FDA.
The following are just some of the basic criteria expected for every egg donor:
- Between 21 and 28 years old
- Meets appropriate weight requirements
- Does not have a history of genetically transmittable diseases, cancer, substance abuse, chronic medical condition, prior chemotherapy or radiation therapy, or any unusual anesthesia risks
- Does not have a history of psychiatric illness
- Is willing to use barrier contraception (or abstain from intercourse) for two menstrual cycles
Patients have the choice between using fresh and frozen donor eggs.
- Fresh Donor Egg — Anonymous donors complete diagnostic tests and questionnaires before matching with a patient. Once matched, the fresh donor will go through an egg retrieval cycle timed in accordance with the intended patient’s needs.
- Frozen Donor Egg — Thanks to significant advances in technology, we have an egg bank that allows patients to select frozen eggs from a donor of their choice.
To learn more about using an egg donor, please call our office at 513-865-1675 or 1-800-634-1222 to speak with one of our staff and make an appointment.