Coronavirus information and policies
Updated November 16, 2020
Bethesda Fertility Center and the Reproductive Studies Labs are currently offering patients our full range of fertility treatments. We are monitoring coronavirus developments including guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), TriHealth, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine and other local officials.
The health and safety of our patients and staff remain our top priority. In order to continue to provide industry-leading care while limiting social exposure and virus transmission, we are controlling the number of patients on-site each day and employing the safety measures listed below.
We encourage existing and new patients to call 513-865-1675 with questions.
COVID-19 Safety Measures at Bethesda Fertility Center:
- In-office or telehealth appointments are both available to patients
- All staff continue to take necessary precautions, including wearing masks and gloves
- We continue to maintain the high industry standards of sanitization we always observed, but continue to aggressively clean and disinfect our waiting rooms, patient rooms, and procedure rooms.
For patients coming to our offices:
- COVID-19 Testing
- All IVF patients are required to have a COVID-19 test prior to their baseline ultrasound, as well as one in-stimulation prior to retrieval. After the second COVID-19 test, you are encouraged to quarantine before the procedure.
- All FET patients are required to have a COVID-19 test prior to starting Estrace/Vivelle, and again, 1-2 days before the lining check. After the second COVID-19 test, you are encouraged to quarantine before the procedure.
- Until otherwise specified, all other patients will NOT be required to undergo COVID-19 testing. However, when you call with day 1 of your cycle, you will undergo the following symptoms screening:
- Have you had any symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, including but not limited to fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, body aches, loss of sense of smell or taste?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test within the past 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with someone with a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days?
- If any of the above questions are positive, you will be required to call with the next day 1.
- Any positive test will result in the immediate cancellation of the cycle.
- Only the patient is permitted to all appointments, with the following exceptions:
- Embryo transfers: One partner/friend/family member is permitted. A negative COVID-19 test within one week of the procedure is required.
- Retrievals: One partner/friend/family member is permitted. A negative COVID-19 test within one week of the procedure is required.
- All patients and visitors will be screened for exposure and risk factors for COVID-19 upon entry to our building. This includes having your temperature checked. Patients who do not pass the screening will need to reschedule their appointment.
- Patients and visitors MUST wear masks during their visit. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- We continue to have a “virtual waiting room” to help stagger patients. When you arrive at Bethesda Fertility Center or the Reproductive Studies Lab, please remain in your car and call the office at 513-865-1675. We will give you specific instructions on entering the building. To help us ensure proper social distancing, we ask you to arrive promptly for your appointments.
- If you have not already reviewed and signed our COVID-19 Consent Waiver, please do so prior to your appointment.
Our staff is committed to retaining the quality of our care during this period. We will continue to share updates through our website and our Facebook and Instagram pages. We wish you and your family health and safety, and we thank you for your patience as we progress through this pandemic.